"Mom's Moist Yellow Cake" by Dorothy Hansen

Recipe Review..."My Mom's Moist Yellow Cake" by Dorothy Hansen

My mom was known for three things as far as her cooking was concerned.  People loved her sweet iced tea, her "sticky buns" and her moist cake.  Here is her easy recipe for Moist Yellow Cake.  As far as icing is concerned you can use the one of your choice.  I used a chocolate icing I found on line, it was yummy:-)
Mom's Cake Recipe
1 Box of Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Cake Mix (I used the yellow cake mix)
1 pack of vanilla instant pudding mix
1 1/4 cups of water
1/4 cup of oil
4 eggs
Mix it all together.  Put in a greased and lightly floured pan and Bake at 350 degrees.
11x9 inch pan bake for 35 minutes
round cake pans bake for 25 minutes
or until inserted tooth pick comes out clean and dry. 

This cake was yummy and did not last very long over the mothers day weekend when everyone was home.... 
The bakers chocolate was for the icing I made, it is not part of the cake mix....
...batter in the pan and ready....
..lightly browned, looks good...

















A very moist and easy cake recipe.  At the bottom of Mom's recipe I found instruction on how to make a coconut cream cake.  You just have to change up the pudding mix.  You would still use the yellow cake mix but use coconut cream pudding in place of the vanilla pudding....easy!  I remember mom would make an amazing icing for her coconut cream cake.  Then she would cover the iced cake with coconut....Yum:-)
So how would I rate this recipe.  It is in my 8-10 range for sure.  Since Mom is probably looking down at me right now I feel I must give it a 10/10 on my cooking scale.  Great Cake Mom!!!:-)
Happy Eating!
Enjoy Your World:-)

Comments