Food Quote by Sandra Lee and A Thank You to my Mom

I did not appreciate it at the time, but my mom put a lot of effort into making cookies.  Some of her favorites were chocolate chip cookies, sugar cookies, and spritz cookies.
I can remember at Christmas time there would be tins of cookies.  A tin filled with chocolate chip cookies with nuts and another one with chocolate chips without nuts.  She would have tins filled with buttery spritz cookies and would take the time to decorate them beautifully.
Mom worked hard, but she would take the time to make us interesting desserts, and one of her favs to make were cookies, and like Sandra, I believe that to my mom they were very personal in the fact that she made them from her heart and with love even though we were unappreciative at that time.
Thanks for all that you did for us Mom.  I wish you were here; I would love to make cookies for you.  Maybe we can do some baking in heaven.  I love you!
KathieyV

Comments