Kathiey's Weekly News and Video Roundup.

Find yourself a comfy seat grab a cup of coffee or a glass of wine or bottle of beer and join me for my weekly news and video roundup.  I would love to hear your thoughts on any of the articles.  


📰Food News📰
"Oh, no is that Dr. Pepper in my baked beans?"
Are you or were you a fan of Dr. Pepper?  I remember as a kid we would have the occasional Dr. Pepper because my dad liked it and would buy a rare six-pack. It was not my favorite soda, but I did enjoy the unexpected treat.  That being said I would not have ever imagined putting this interesting flavored drink in my baked beans.  But guess what?  Someone did just that.   Check it out here
Here is one quote from the article "tonight my trash can ate the beans."  Would you try them?

"Can it be true?  Dollar Stores carry some toxic items.  Shocking!"
I guess you could call me naive.  I have had the assumption, that even if products are not high end items, if you find them in popular stores, they must be safe.  Well, not so according to this article 
I have shopped at Dollar Stores a time or two, but luckily I have not purchased the items they speak of in the link provided.  Check out the list and see if you have any in your home.  Let me know if you do.

"Yes, even in the 90 plus degree heat I could drink a Pumpkin Spice Latte."
Believe it or not, Starbucks released their famous Pumpkin Spice Latte much earlier than usual.  It was available in stores on Aug. 28th.  My daughter has already had one in hopes it would make the cooler weather come a bit quicker.  I will probably wait till the end of Sept or beginning of Oct.  I usually treat myself to one PSL during the season.  Check out the scoop here,
When do you usually treat your self to a fall latte?

📹A video for you to enjoy📹

Enjoy this video about a winery in North Carolina.  Jones Von Drehle Winery.  
It is on my list of places to visit.

*********************************************************************************
📰Life Style News📰

"What, I can reverse signs of aging just by using sunscreen?  Count me in!"
Yes, I do use sunscreen.  I  do an excellent job of applying adequate amounts of sunscreen when I know I will be outside for long periods of time.  I do a lousy job of it on a daily basis even though I am out walking my dog several times a day.  I did recently buy a bottle of sunscreen and have been applying it to my face every morning.  I hope to look ten years younger any day now:-)  How about you do you use sunscreen every day?  Read more here

"Please Draw me a bath.  Sometimes all it takes to diminish stress is a hot bath and a few bubbles."
I wrote this post about taking a bath and stress relief.  I am more of a shower girl but when I am overwhelmed I reach for the stress relief bubbles, light a few candles, turn on some soothing music, step into a nice bath, and feel some of my stress melt away.  Check out my post here

📹A Video For You.📹
Take a look at this video that shows you a few things not to buy at a dollar store.

*********************************************************************************
📰Travel News📰

I really can have both armrests if I am in the middle seat on the plane?  Happy Day!
Check out these airplane etiquette tips in this post 
As I was reading this article, it brought to mind one of the worse two hours in the air for me.  I was sitting beside a very nice young man, but the poor guy reeked.  And as for me, I had to try to block that odor from my psyche for two hours.  It was miserable.  How about you do you have any interesting flight experiences when traveler etiquette should have come into play?

📹A Video For You📹
Check out this video called Travel Etiquette for a few travel tips.
*********************************************************************************

Thanks for stopping by.
Hope you have a great weekend!
KathieyV

Comments