Honey Peanut Butter Cookies from Taste of Home Magazine

Below is a blog post that was written about seven years ago when Caleb was a baby.  
I decided to try these cookies again this weekend, July 2018, and Caleb loved them.
I am resharing this post and the cookie recipe.
Give them a try, they a very good!
Blast From the Past

Over the weekend Stephanie, Josh, and baby Caleb came for a visit.  It was wonderful!
When they left to go visit Josh's family  I had a choice.  I could take a nap which sounded inviting, or I could do something constructive.  After a mental debate, I decided to make cookies, so they would have a treat when they came back home.  I pulled out my recipe binder and came across an oldie but goodie...Honey Peanut Butter Cookies from Taste of Home Magazine.

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup shortening
  • 1 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1 cup honey
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • Here is the instructions on the Taste of Home Website.
  • Honey Peanut Butter Cookies
  • **Click here for the printable version.**
I gathered my ingredients.

A 9.5 on my cooking scale..Yum:-)
I preheated my oven to 350 degrees F.
I mixed the shortening, peanut butter, and honey with my mixer.  Then I added the eggs and mixed well.  Then I combined the dry ingredients in a different bowl and whisked them together.  After that, I added the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mixed well.

I rolled the mixture into 1-1 1/2 inch balls and placed on ungreased cookie sheet.

Then I flattened the cookies with a fork dusted with flour.
Then baked the cookies for 8-10 minutes.


Can't beat cookies and milk....

I was glad I decided to do something constructive rather than take a nap.  
Although taking a nap is a beautiful thing.
Everyone enjoyed the cookies.  
I even gave Brodie a taste...He loved them:-)
Happy Eating Everyone!
KathieyV

Comments