Yes I joined a Wine Club....Winc/Club W.

I decided to join a wine club.  After all I had a wine rack to fill....:-)

I went online and studied my options. I decided on Club W.  I must admit I am a bit confused about their name because it appears they have changed it to Winc.  What ever the name I love it...
The first thing they will have you do is take a short quiz so that they can get a feel for your wine tastes.  The questions that are asked have to do with your preferences in salt, sweet, savory etc.  Some of the questions surprised me but they know what they are doing and I am a wine beginner.

Winc's story began in 2012 when we founded Club W: the world's first personalized wine club. We made the process of discovering and buying wine easier than ever — and as we expanded to other facets of the experience, we became so much more than a club.

After the quiz you are given a list of wines based on what they feel you would enjoy the most.  
You get free shipping if you choose 4 or more so I choose 4.
I was so excited to get my first shipment.   In NC you have to have an adult sign for wine so I had it shipped to a local FedEx office.  When I picked up the wine the FedEx person said this was the wine club they see come through their office the most.  Thats a good sign:-)




I have already tried one of the wines.  The Pas Ordinaire Saint-Chinian Blend.
I shared it with my girls and we all loved it.  (Blog post to follow.)
I like that each wine comes with a card that contains a description on one side 
and a recipe for pairing on the other.
On the site you can find a more in depth description and can watch a brief video on each selected wine.  What fun!!

So every month I will have the option to pass the month or order more wine.  You can order at any time.  You don't have to wait or you can do it monthly.  You can skip as many months as you like.
My goal is to learn more about wine.  To experience new wines and to learn to pair the proper food with the selected wine.  I believe this club will help me in this endeavor.
Try a new wine.
KathieyV:-)

Comments