Recipe Review Trisha Yearwood's Beef Stir-Fry from Food Network Magazine


Happy Day it is Recipe Review Time!

I had just received my new Food Network Magazine and I couldn't wait to try a new recipe.
I selected my recipe and gathered my ingredients.
I decided to go with.....


Trisha Yearwood's Beef Stir-Fry 
1 1/2 pounds skirt steak, cut into 4-inch-long pieces, then cut against the grain into 1/4-inch-thick slices
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1 serrano chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped
2 teaspoons sugar
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (1 to 2 limes)
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, grated
1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
6 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/4 pound snow peas or green beans
1 12 -ounce can baby corn, drained
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced (optional)







Directions

Season the steak with salt and pepper. In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, chile pepper, sugar and lime juice until the sugar is dissolved. Add the beef, toss to coat and set aside.

In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil until shimmering, about 1 minute. Add the beef and cook, stirring, until cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes.

Remove the beef from the skillet and set aside. Allow the liquid in the pan to reduce until thickened, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and scallions and cook 1 minute more. Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more. Add the snow peas, baby corn and bell pepper and continue cooking until all the vegetables are crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Return the beef to the skillet and toss to combine.

This, my friends,  is a serrano chile pepper.
I had no idea what it was.  I had to google it at the grocery store to find out what it looked like:-)  
It is there on top of the lime and the green onions.

 Now, what do I do with it???  I found a video on Youtube that helped.
I did not do a perfect job but I got the job done:-)
Prepped all my ingredients.
I like to get that complete before the cooking begins.

Cooked the beef and then slowly added the rest of the ingredients as the recipe directed.
 Erica came over to try it out.  We served it over rice with a glass of red wine.

This was really good.  I would give it an 8.5/10 on my cooking scale.  Yes, I would make it again.
The rice adds a nice touch.
If you try it let me know what you think.
Happy Eating!
Kathiey:-)

Comments