Restaurant Review...Dinner at the Durham Hotel with Erica


I got a text from Erica; she wanted to go to the Durham Hotel in downtown Durham for dinner. 
Great, I thought, let's go!  Let me get my camera.


"A MID-CENTURY MODERN HOTEL IN THE HEART OF DOWNTOWN, THE DURHAM IS A VIBRANT DESTINATION, INSPIRED BY THE SPIRIT OF ITS NAMESAKE CITY."
I had wine.
 Erica had Ginger Ale.

We looked over the menu and placed our order.  
We decided to share the Cured Meat and Cheese Board.
CURED MEAT $18
4-year Chapel Hill country ham, pickled wild shrimp, Sam’s beef tongue, 
chicken liver pâté, pickled okra, Tin’s mustard, red onion,smoked king mackerel, 
everything crackers 
As I was studying the menu, I realized what we thought were green beans was okra.  Not sure which was beef tongue but I believe it may be the meat in the foreground. 
I loved the pickled shrimp.

CHEESE BOARD
$12/15 
QUATTRO PORTONI Blu di Bufala 
FORMAGGI CIRESA Taleggio
BOXCARR Cottonseed 
SAINT-HILAIRE Pont l’Évêque
VIEILLE Ossau Iraty 

Looking at the names of the cheeses above I can't tell you which ones we had.  I will break our board down into layman's terms, from left to right.  Blue cheese, a type of goat cheese combo, apples, brie, and bread:-)


"The Roof at The Durham is a year-round gathering spot for guests and locals alike, offering one-of-a-kind panoramic views of the city. Here you will find original, handcrafted cocktails, extensive wine and beer offerings and a seasonal raw bar and small kitchen menu."

We ate in the dining room on the lower level.  Erica has been to the rooftop and said the views are fantastic.  We took the elevator up to take a look...



We had a lovely time at the Durham.  
The food was unique and for me a new culinary experience.  
The staff was friendly.  We felt well cared for and welcomed.
 I can't wait to try the rooftop lounge.  
Happy Eating!
KathieyV:-)

Comments