Recipe Review, Shrimp Scampi Linguine by Rasa Malaysa as found on Pinterest.

Sunday, May 10, 2015

I love shrimp.  I guess you could say I am on a shrimp kick.  Went out with Erica for lunch last week and had a salad with shrimp.  Had dinner with Cindy last night and had shrimp kabobs...yummy.  I love the texture and the taste.  Since I had shrimp on my mind I decided to make a new recipe with shrimp. 

I studied the recipe that I found on Pinterest by Rasa Malaysia

SHRIMP SCAMPI LINGUINE RECIPE
Serves 4 | Prep Time: 15 Minutes | Cook Time: 5 Minutes
INGREDIENTS:
4 servings linguine, for 4 people
1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 oz unsalted butter (1/2 stick)
1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
5 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
5 tablespoons white wine
6 cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
Salt, to taste
1/4 teaspoon sugar
Squirts of lemon juice
1/2 heaping teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Chopped parsley
Shaved Parmigiano Reggiano
METHOD:
Heat up a pot of water, cook the linguine according to the 
instructions on the package.
Sprinkle the cayenne pepper to the shrimp. Set aside.
Heat up a saute pan and add the butter. When the butter melts, 
add the olive oil. Stir in the garlic, lightly saute until aromatic before 
adding the shrimp into the pan. 
Saute the shrimp until half cooked and then add the white wine,
 salt, and sugar. Add the cherry tomatoes and 
linguine into the pot, stir to combine well.
When the shrimp is completely cooked, add a few squirts of the lemon 
juice, black pepper, and chopped parsley to the linguine, 
toss to mix well, dish out and serve immediately with 
some shaved Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
I gathered my ingredients and started cooking.....





I would give this an
8/10 on my scale.
For me the cheese
not necessary. But
other then that it was
delicious and easy.
Happy cooking!























Comments