Recipe Review…Breakfast Casserole from Celebrate Magazine


4 slices wheat bread, (I used white bread)
6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
4 sausage links, cooked and chopped (I used link sausage the first time 
the second time I used bulk sausage instead and it was far better)
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
6 large eggs, beaten
2 cups whole milk
1 tsp dry mustard
Garnish:  freshly cracked black pepper, fresh thyme
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly grease the bottom of a 13×9 baking dish.  Place bread pieces in dish.  Sprinkle bacon and sausage over bread pieces.  Sprinkle cheese over bacon and sausage.
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and mustard; pour over cheese.  Bake until set in center, about 35 to 40 minutes.  Let stand 5 minutes before serving.  Garnish if desired.
I gathered my ingredients…..
 Don't forget the milk….
 Put everything together….


I made this for a "Throw Away Women's" Brunch.  It was yummy and easy.  I would make its again.  So what do I give it on my cooking scale?  9/10 when I used the bulk sausage cooked and crumbled into the mix.  
Try a new recipe!
Enjoy Your World
Kathiey:-)

Comments