Recipe Review….Grilled Maple Pork Chops from Taste of Home Magazine



I have been learning how to grill.  My soon to be Ex always did the grilling but now it is up to me.  I found out several weeks ago, with Erica, the real challenge was to get the gas grill turned on.  The first time I tried the flames leaped into the air.  This time the flames still leaped into the air but it was a much smaller flame, the learning curve:-)







I decided to try a Pork Chop recipe I found in Taste of Home Magazine.  "Grilled Maple Pork Chops"
I studied the recipe…

  •      6 tablespoons maple syrup
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
  • 4 boneless pork loin chops (1-1/2 inch thick and 12 ounces each)

    Directions

    1. In a small bowl, whisk syrup, vinegar, salt and pepper until blended. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add pork chops; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 1 hour. Reserve remaining marinade for basting.
    2. Drain pork chops, discarding marinade in bag. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly.
    3. Grill pork chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 13-17 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°, turning occasionally and basting with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
    I found it very easy and quick to mix up the marinade during my lunch break….

    I put the marinade in a plastic bag, dropped in the pork chops, sealed the bag, and placed them in the fridge.  Then I went back to work and then off to Zumba class.  I made it back home hungry and ready to attempt to grill.  


    Dinner is served!  Believe me after an hour of Zumba I was starved…..



























    So how was it?  It was very good!  I would give it an 8.5/10 on my cooking scale.  I would do it again it was easy and tasty.  It would have been nice to have had some sauce on the side.  I think next time I will make extra marinade and put some on the side. I know you are asking "Kathy, where are your vegetables?"  Yes, I know I need them but I was just too tired.  I will have some today:-)
    Try a new recipe.  I suggest you try Grilled Maple Pork Chops from Taste of Home Magazine.
    Happy Cooking!
    Kathiey:-)
    Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments