Speedy Spaghetti and Chicken with Fresh Tomatoes and Basil from Myrecipies.com

I was in the mood to try a new recipe.  This is something I used to do all the time but in my current state it is rare.  Well today I had the urge to cook and I went with it.  I went to one of my cooking resources, Pinterest, and made my selection.
I studied the recipe and gathered my ingredients….

SPEEDY SPAGHETTI WITH CHICKEN AND FRESH TOMATO FROM MYRECIPES.COM

To make this easy pasta recipe, simply combine cooked spaghetti noodles with chopped cooked chicken, fresh tomato, basil, and goat cheese and toss with olive oil.   Serve with garlic bread for a simple dinner.
All You AUGUST 2005
  • Yield: 4 Servings
  • Cook time:15 Minutes
  • Prep time:10 Minutes
  • Cost Per Serving:$2.93

Ingredients

  • 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
  • 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 6 ripe plum tomatoes, seeded and cut in 1/4-inch dice
  • 12 ounces cooked boneless chicken, torn in pieces (3 cups)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
  • 1 (4 to 5 oz.) log fresh goat cheese, crumbled

Preparation

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add spaghetti and cook according to package directions, stirring often, until al dente. Reserve 1 1/2 cups cooking liquid from pasta. Drain spaghetti in a colander and reserve.
Heat oil over medium heat in same pot. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Return pasta to pot along with tomato, chicken and pasta liquid. Toss well and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Transfer pasta to plates. Sprinkle with basil, dot with crumbled goat cheese and serve immediately.
(Made a mistake below.  The lemon was not used in the recipe or the wine.  I got carried away:-)





Very good!  I would give it a 8/10 on my cooking scale and it was easy.
Now for dessert.  I took some pre-made tapioca then added a few blueberries.  A quick, easy and 
yummy way to complete the meal 

Try a new recipe.  May I suggest Speedy Spaghetti and Chicken with Fresh Tomatoes and Basil.  
You won't be disappointed.
Enjoy Your World
Kathiey:-)

Comments