Recipe Review….Ginger Cookies from Allrecipes Magazine

Recipe Review….Ginger Cookies from Allrecipes Magazine


It's nearly Christmas.  One of my favorite traditions is making Christmas cookies.  My mom used to make so many cookies.  Sugar cookies, chocolate chip cookies, snicker doodles, some type of pecan cookies.  Every year she make cookies and fudge to give to her friends and neighbors.  I have never baked as many cookies as my mom did for Christmas but I always mange to make a few.  This year I was making cookies for Raleigh Church of the Nazarene Cookie Walk.  A fund raiser for the youth group.  I decided to try a new recipe from All Recipes Magazine "Big Soft Ginger Cookies".
I studied the recipe and gathered my ingredients….
INGREDIENTS:
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup margarine, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 tablespoon water
1/4 cup molasses
2 tablespoons white sugar
DIRECTIONS:
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Set aside.
2.In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, then stir in the water and molasses. Gradually stir the sifted ingredients into the molasses mixture. Shape dough into walnut sized balls, and roll them in the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar. Place the cookies 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet, and flatten slightly.
3.Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.




They were very good.  A soft yummy cookie.  So what would I give this cooking on my recipe rating scale.  I think I would give them an 8/10. My favorite still remains the snicker doodle but this cookie is very good and now will be a yearly must make.
Try a new recipe.
I suggest you try these ginger cookies from AllRecipes Magazine.
Enjoy your world:-)

Comments