Recipe Review...Southern Slaw from Southern Lady Magazine


Last weekend I tried probably 4 new recipes.  Lots of fun but not all make the 8/10 cooking score cut.  One that did make the grade last week was simple and very good....Southern Slaw from Southern Lady Magazine.  Really easy.  It would be great to take along on a summer picnic.


















I studied the recipe....
Ingredients
1 cup Mayonnaise
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup sugar 
1 tsp of salt (I added maybe a half a teaspoon)
2, 16oz packs of tricolored coleslaw mix (I think I did one and a half)
Directions
*In a medium bowl, combine mayo, vinegar, sugar and salt.
*In a large bowl combine mayo mixture and cole slaw mix.
Stir to combine.
*Cover and marinate for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
I gathered my ingredients...


































Served with Steak, homemade apple sauce and peas.  Pretty yummy:-)













Another very nice Sunday meal.  A couple of hours later Joe. Caleb and I headed out for a bit of post meal exercise.  Joe and Caleb took off on the bike and I ran the trail.  Fun day with family.
Caleb in deep thought after his bike ride:-)
Happy Cooking Everyone!
Enjoy Your World:-)

Comments