Recipe Review ..Paula Deans Pecan Chicken Salad


The other day Erica said "Mom is your chicken salad recipe on your blog?"
She wanted to make it and I realized it had not yet made the blog.
I thought, now would be a good time to get it posted, plus I was in the mood for some good chicken salad, some comfort food, so here goes.....
 I studied the recipe....and gathered my ingredients....
1/2 cup mayonnaise (I used 3/4 cup)
1/4 cup sour cream (I added about a tablespoon of sugar to the mayo and sour cream mix)
3 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 cup seedless grapes, haved
3/4 cup toasted chopped pecans
salt and pepper

Directions:
In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise and sour cream.
Add salt and pepper to taste to the mayo mix.
Stir in chicken, grapes, and pecans.

Chill.
 I had everything at home but the pecans.
I do love them in a salad.  I will use them next time:-)
Notice my new knife in the picture...Thanks Santa (Steph and Josh:-)
















Served with grapes and crackers and a nice glass of white wine.  Very Good!
I will give it a 9/10 on my cooking scale.  I have not had much luck with new recipes lately so it was nice to return to an oldie but goodie....
Thanks for prompting this post Erica, Hi Tim:-)

Happy Cooking!
Enjoy Your World:-)

Comments