Shelton Vineyards..Dobson NC


Several months ago Joe and I were off to the mountains of NC...which we love!  We try to take different routes and explore along the way.  This time we stopped off at Shelton Vineyards in Dobson NC.  There are many wineries in this area, but we choose Shelton because they had a restaurant on site and we were starving.  It was a bit off the beaten track, but it was a beautiful drive.



I ordered the Caprese Salad & Assorted Bread. Joe ordered a sandwich that he really enjoyed...I forget the name of it.  The food was great, and our server friendly.



My first ever wine flight.  Since I had never experienced a wine flight, I thought it was called a flight because it was always elevated.  With the term flight in the description and the tiered glasses it only made sense, right?  Wrong!  My girls were quick to tell me that is not the case.  I looked it up, and it merely means tasting of various wines. You can see the ones I tried below. 





After a delicious meal we took a short walking tour around the property.


We also took their guided winery tour.




I enjoyed the  unique sayings on the wine barrels....




Beautiful grounds, great food, friendly service, informative tour, lovely gift shop and of course delicious wine.  If you are in the Dobson NC area, I suggest you check out Shelton Vineyards.  I know you will have a great time!
Enjoy a good bottle of wine!
KathieyV


Comments