(Welcome to my focus on food blog This is an attempt to pull all my cooking, restaurant, recipe and food adventures off of my main blog, Kathieys World, and put them in one easy to find location. I am going to start by going to the beginning of my home blog and transferring all the food related info to its new home. Wish me luck, I have no idea how to do this but here goes.....
Hope you enjoy:-)

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Shelton Vineyards..Dobson NC


Several months ago Joe and I were off to the mountains of NC...which we love!  We try to take different routes and explore along the way.  This time we stopped off at Shelton Vineyards in Dobson NC.  There are many wineries in this area but we choose Shelton because they had a restaurant on site and we were starved.  It was a bit off the beaten track but it was a beautiful drive.




















I ordered the Caprese Salad & Assorted Breads. Joe ordered a sandwich that he really enjoyed...I forget the name of it.  The food was great, and our server friendly.



My first wine flight.  Since I had never experienced a wine flight I thought they were called this because they were always elevated.  With the word flight in the description and my elevated glasses it only made sense, right? Wrong! My girls were quick to tell me that is not the case:-) I looked it up on line and it simply  means tasting of multiple wines. You can see the ones I tried below. 












There were unique sayings on the wine barrels....






Beautiful grounds, great food, friendly service, informative tour, lovely gift shop.  If you are in the Dobson NC area I suggest you check out Shelton Vineyards.  I know you will have a great time!
Enjoy Your World:-)

Shelton Vineyards on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment