Recipe Review...Sweet Corn Bread


"Kathiey, why haven't you posted any recipes lately?"  
Well it is not because I have not tried.  I have attempted several new recipes but many did not make the 8-10 cooking scale cut and some were downright awful.  I baked a cola cake, icing was great cake was dry.  Made a crock pot chicken, it was ok, nothing to write home about. This past week, for Sunday dinner, I made a BBQ Beef Brisket from Southern Lady Magazine.  It was ok and we ate it all over a period of days but I would only give it a 6/10 on my cooking scale, so I won't make it again. I also made a chocolate chess pie, from the same magazine.  I had to give it a 0/10.  I pitched it.  Came out of the oven looking grainy.  I  decided to taste it and if it was good I would hide the unattractive look with cool whip and a chocolate shaving garnish.  I tasted it...grainy and dry...ugg.  In the trash it went.  Brodie looked at me like "Mom Noooooo!" But as we all know chocolate and dogs just don't go together.
Lucky for me I made an oldie but goodie side dish for Sunday dinner that was delicious.  This recipe reminds me of the amazing corn bread that was served at a Kansas City Restaurant...Tippins. I can remember walking into Tippins and see displays of amazing pies.  Their corn bread was to die for and served with honey butter....YUM!

So here is the simple but wonderful copy cat recipe for sweet cake like corn bread found on cooks.com
CORNBREAD 
1 box Jiffy cornbread
1 box Jiffy yellow cake mix
1/2 c. water
1/2 c. milk
2 eggs
1/4 c. oil

Bake 5 minutes at 400 degrees, then 20 to 25 minutes at 350 degrees. Bake in greased 8 x 8 inch pan. Tastes just like cornbread from a popular restaurant in Kansas City!
I gathered my ingredients, and there are not many, it is so easy....



In the oven it went.  Why not try a new wine while I wait.  Very good:-)


 (I had to cook it a bit longer then called for to get it done in the center)
 Moist and delicious!
I think Brodie has forgiven me for not giving him any of the chess pie.
I did give him a taste of the corn bread though and he loved it:-)
 Happy Cooking Everyone!
Enjoy Your World:-)

Comments