Recipe Review...Chicken and Noodles with Tarragon and Chives


For Sunday dinner a few weeks back I made Chicken and Noodles with Tarragon and Chives from my new favorite magazine..."Cuisine at Home". Of course I cheated a bit like I always do:-)





















I searched the internet for the recipe and found it at a site called Key Ingredient. I studied the recipe..

INGREDIENTS

cups sliced cremini mushrooms (I didn't have any mushrooms, Joe doesn't like them anyway:-)
½cup diced carrot (I used can carrots that I put in at the end)
½cup diced celery (I used canned peas. Didn't have any celery, Joe dosen't like celery either:-)
½cup diced onion
1Tbsp minced garlic (I added 1 tsp of minced garlic)
2Tbsp olive oil
6cups low sodium chicken broth (I always add more then it calls for)
1lb frozen egg noodles such as Reames
2cup shredded cooked chicken (I bought the precooked chicken to save time)
2Tbsp minced fresh tarragon
1Tbsp minced fresh chives
salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS

Sweat mushrooms, onion, carrot, celery and garlic in oil in a large pot
over medium heat until slightly soft, 3 minutes. (I only had to sweat the onions)
Add broth, increase heat to medium-high, and bring to a simmer.
Stir in noodles and cook until tender, 15-20 minutes.
Stir in chicken, tarragon, and chives;
(This is where I added the canned veggiesseason with salt and pepper.

















































































I would rate this an 8.5/10 on my cooking scale.  
Warm yummy comfort food great for a cool fall day.  I suggest you give it a try.
Happy Cooking Everyone!
Enjoy Your World:-)
Here a few pics from my world...




Comments