Recipe Review...Sirloin Tips With Smoky Pepper Sauce from BHG Anyone Can Cook

























It was Sunday.  This has become my cooking day.  I wanted to try something different so I decided to make Sirloin Tips I found in a magazine. I studied the recipe..
ingredients
  • 1 1/2......
    pounds beef sirloin tip steak
  • 1/2...........
    teaspoon smoked paprika or paprika
  • 1...............
    tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1...............
    12 - 16 ounce jar roasted red and/or yellow sweet peppers
  • 1/2...........
    cup hickory- or mesquite-flavored barbecue sauce
       1/4....
cup coarsely chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley

directions
1.
Trim meat and cut into 1- to 1-1/2-inch chunks; sprinkle with paprika. In a 12-inch skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add meat; brown 5 minutes or to desired doneness. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
2.
Meanwhile, drain roasted peppers, reserving liquid. Cut up roasted peppers. Measure 1/2 cup of the reserved liquid (if needed, add enough water to equal 1/2 cup). Add peppers and the liquid to the skillet. Add barbecue sauce. Cook, uncovered, for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently until sauce is slightly thickened. Return meat to skillet; heat through.
Sprinkle with parsley to serve.
              



For once I did not cheat on a recipe.  It was great, sweet, savory, and tangy.  I would give it a 9.5/10 on my cooking scale.  I think next time I will serve it with rice. I didn't  have any in the pantry so we made Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes, which I love for any occasion:-) The muffins on the left were good also, recipe to follow, although I did have to cheat on that one:-)
Happy Cooking Everyone!
Enjoy Your World:-)

Comments