Recipe Review..."Apple Praline Pie"

I found this recipe in an old file.  It was from Hometown Cooking Aug. 2001.  I tried to find it online, no luck.  So I took a picture of the partial recipe I had.  It was yummy.....
....although, you know me, I did cheat a bit:-)

I studied my partial recipe and gathered my ingredients...
I used Pillsbury pie crusts
I went on line and found that most apple pies are baked at 350 for 50-60 minutes
I preheated my oven....... 


The recipe did not call for pats of butter on top of the apples but
I remember my Mom putting butter all over the top so I decided to give it a try:-)

Once the crust began to brown I put a foil lining over the edges of the crust...

Beautiful
Now for the topping....I had no instructions so I melted the butter in a small
sauce pan and added the brown sugar and half and half.  When it was melted and
combined I took it off the heat and added the pecans.
Then I topped the baked pie with the mixture.
Placed the pie back in the oven for about 5 minutes.
Remove the pie and allow to cool, at least a bit.




It was a yummy pie!  I would give it a 9/10 on my cooking scale.
Great served with ice cream and a glass of ice cold milk.
Try a new Recipe
Enjoy Your World:-)

Comments