Recipe Review...."Hawaiian Banana Nut Bread" from Southern Living

My Mom used to make the most amazing Banana Nut Bread.  Moist and yummy.  Sadly I do not have her recipe.  Over the years I have tried to find one that was equal but have not been 100% successful.  I did find a close second though.  Hawaiian Banana Nut Bread from Southern Living.  I will not give it a 10 on my cooking scale but we have made it a lot and it never goes to waste so I will give it an 8.5/10 on my scale.  Its very good:-)

I gathered my ingredients.....
Ingredients:

3 cups all-purpose flour3 eggs, beaten
3/4 teaspoon salt1 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon baking soda2 cups ripe bananas, mashed
2 cups sugar8 ounce can pineapple, crushed and drained
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
Directions:

  1. Combine first five ingredients; stir in nuts.
  2. Combine remaining ingredients; add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
  3. Spoon batter into two greased and floured 8 1/2 x 41/2 x 3 loaf pans.
  4. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour and 10 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
  5. Cool in pans for 10 minutes; remove from pans and let cool on wire rack.

No I did not put wine in the bread, but the bottles looked nice in the pic:-) 


Wet and dry ingredients... 

Very pretty! 
If you like bananas and nuts I suggest you give this easy bread recipe a try.
Happy Cooking Everyone!
Enjoy Your World:-)

Comments