Saturday, September 17, 2011

"Turkey Lasagna Rolls"

Recipe Review..."Turkey Lasagna Rolls"

Here is a recipe I have made several times over the years.  When the kids were little they loved it and Joe and I have always enjoyed it too. Yummy "Turkey Lasagna Rolls".  I can't remember where I found this recipe but it is simple and tasty.  Great served with a salad and a fresh round of bread. I  gathered my ingredients......





Roll up station:-)






















Here is the recipe....

Turkey Lasagna Rolls (12 servings)
*12 Lasagna noodles, uncooked
*1 pound ground turkey
*1 small onion finely chopped
*1 clove of garlic minced (I used garlic powder equivalent)
1 (28 oz) jar of spaghetti sauce (I always use a bit more)
1 (14 oz) jar of spaghetti sauce (I always use a bit more)
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/2 tsp of salt
1 (15 oz) container of ricotta cheese
1 (12 oz) container of cottage cheese
1 cup (4 oz) of shredded mozzarella cheese
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp of dried Italian seasoning
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese 
Cook noodles according to package directions.  Drain, rinse with cold water and set aside. (I pat them dry with paper towels before I use them)
Cook turkey, onions, and garlic until turkey is browned, stirring until turkey is crumbled in a dutch oven or large pot.  Add spaghetti sauce, parsley and salt.  Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes. Spoon 1 cup of sauce mixture into a lightly greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish.  Set aside.
 Combine ricotta cheese and next 5 ingredients.  Spread evenly over each noodle. 
Roll up jellyroll fashion starting at narrow end.  Place seam side down in baking dish.  Pour remaining sauce mixture over rolls and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese.  Cover tightly.
Bake covered at 375 degrees for 30 minutes
         Uncover and bake an additional 30 minutes or until heated through.

Happy Cooking and Eating Everyone!
I would have to give this a 9/10 on my cooking scale.
Enjoy Your World:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment