Sunday, September 11, 2011

Tuna Macaroni Salad (April 21, 2010)

    Tuna Macaroni Salad
    *16 oz elbow macaroni
    *12 oz solid white tuna
    1 & 1/2 - 2 cups of mayo (it is nice to have a bit left over to add later if needed)
    Add to taste if desired...
    Sugar ( I probably added about 2 tablespoons maybe more:-)
    Salt and pepper
    Lemon juice (Couple of table spoons to make a nice consistency)
    *Add as desired
    Cucumber, celery, green pepper, onion, 
    Cherry tomatoes (this is the only thing in this group I added)
    Directions
    Cook Macaroni according to package directions.
    Drain and rinse with cold water, set aside.
    Cut any veggies you want to add and set aside
    Flake tuna and set aside.
    Mix your mayo with sugar, salt, pepper and lemon juice
    Then put it all together and refrigerate.   Easy and lasts   several days:-)
















Last but not least I tried a lemon pound cake I found at a site called Italian Dessert Recipes.  I made it exactly like the recipe.  It was good but I would probably only give it a 6/10 on my scale.  It was a bit dry.
Brodie really wanted to help.  I don't let him help me cook but he usually gets a taste of the results. He is my favorite critic.  Always happy.  although he did not seem to like the lemon sauce that went on the pound cake.  But I enjoyed his reaction:-)

Happy Cooking Everyone:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment