Monday, September 12, 2011

Recipe Review .."Parmesan-Roasted Potatoes & Squash (April 30, 2010)

Kathieys Recipe Review "Parmesan- Roasted Potatoes & Squash

I try to make a new recipe weekly but this week I have had trouble finding the time.  So I went blog hopping to find something easy to go with an oldie but goodie meat loaf recipe I had.  I found "Parmesan- Roasted Potatoes and Squash on a blog called Big Girls Small Kitchen
Here is their recipe....

Parmesan-Roasted Potatoes and Squash
Serves 1
Ingredients
2 medium (1 cup) Yukon Gold potatoes, unpeeled & cut into 1-inch chunks
1/2 cup winter squash, cut into 1-inch chunks
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
black pepper
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
Heat oven to 400° F.
In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients.
Toss to coat the potatoes. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment.
Roast, stirring once, until golden brown and crisp, about 40 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.


As usual I changed up things a bit.  I cut the potatoes and added some sliced onion.  I didn't use squash.  I put the veggies in a bowl and drizzled them with oil.  Stirred them up and placed them on a foil covered cookie sheet that was sprayed with Pam.


Then I sprinkled the potatoes and onions with Coarse Ground Black Pepper, Kosher Salt, and a touch of Parmesan Cheese.

Put them in a 400 degree oven and baked for 30-40 minutes.




They turned great.  I would make them again.  I guess I will give them an 8/10 on my cooking scale.  Easy and tasty:-)







So another fun meal.  Meat loaf, green salad with candied pecans and roasted potatoes.
Life is good:-)

Happy cooking everyone!
Enjoy your world:-)



No comments:

Post a Comment