(Welcome to my focus on food blog This is an attempt to pull all my cooking, restaurant, recipe and food adventures off of my main blog, Kathieys World, and put them in one easy to find location. I am going to start by going to the beginning of my home blog and transferring all the food related info to its new home. Wish me luck, I have no idea how to do this but here goes.....
Hope you enjoy:-)

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Colonial Williamsburg Continued...."Oh The Food"


I can't say enough about how good the food was in Williamsburg.  Granted it is pricey but it is also delicious.....Our first culinary adventure was at The Williamsburg Inn. We were seated in The Terrace Room Restaurant.  The atmosphere was casual warm and inviting.  The folks taking care of us were friendly and helpful.  The food amazing!
 Below you see a pretzel roll. They were very common in Williamsburg.  Good too:-)

 It has been awhile since we were there but I believe this is their Signature Crab Cake.  Erica loved it.
 Stephanie had the Honey and Pistachio Crusted Salmon....delicious...
 I had the Roasted Chicken Pot Pie...creamy and delightful....The crust was light and beautiful...
Here is the menu I found online for the Terrace Room...Terrace Room at Williamsburg Inn.  
That evening we didn't want a huge meal and thought maybe we could find light fare at The King's Arms Tavern.  And we did....
First up was their Champagne Cocktail (Champagne, Sugar Cubes soaked in Bitters, a Cherry, and a Twist) You can see the sugar cube at the bottom of the glass.  I stirred it up to get the sweetness throughout and it was very good....
 See below what we ordered to share....
The Cheesemonger’s Selection (A fine Sampling of assorted local and imported Cheeses, and fresh fruit garnish with Sippets).  It was really good. 
I had King’s Arms Apple Salet (Seasonal Greens with Cucumber, Tomato, Gala Apples, caramelized Onions drizzled with Apple-Cider Vinaigrette), which I really enjoyed. 
I think if I recall correctly that Steph had the Romaine Salat (Fresh crisp Romaine Hearts with house-made Anchovy Dressing, paired with buttery Parmesan Cheese, Croutons,and fresh-ground Black Pepper)
Erica decided to try Mrs. Vobe’s Peanut Soupe (A southern favourite and a tavern specialty garnished with roasted Peanuts and Sippets) It really did taste like peanuts.  Interesting flavor for a soup:-)

 We were taught the proper use of the large cloth napkins you see Erica and Stephanie wearing.  You tuck it in your shirt, let it drape loosely in your lap and then bring the other end up under your plate.  That way if anything is dropped it lands in the pocket of your napkin.  Easy cleanup:-)


 We decided to share a dessert....The Meringue Shell (Baked Egg Whites served with Vanilla Ice Cream and fresh Strawberries) I have never been to crazy about meringue but the strawberries and ice cream were divine. Needless to say it did not take long for this wonderful dessert to disappear. 
 What a great time we had at the King's Arms Tavern.  There was singing and laughter and just a festive feel to the entire meal.  We would love to go back...
King's Arms Tavern on Urbanspoon
We came across this saying in a coffee shop.  
I liked it and it was food and drink related so I had to add it:-)
We stopped for a quick lunch at The Trellis Restaurant in Merchant Square
Beautiful restaurant. We loved, Blue Cheese with Honey (Maytag Blue Cheese Glazed with Honey, Toasted Walnuts, Croutons and Greens), that you see below.  We wished we had ordered more....
I don't remember the name of my sandwich but it was great!
When I was telling folks at work about The Trellis Restaurant they had heard of it.  One person said The Trellis had a famous chef and were known for their amazing chocolate cake.  Probably this one I found on their menu
DEATH BY CHOCOLATE®
 A Study in Chocolate - A Seven Layer Chocolate Torte with a Hand-Rolled White Chocolate Truffle, our Chocolate Ice Cream and Dark Chocolate Sauce 
I think the couple next to us ordered it.  It looked amazing!
For some reason The Trellis only got 68% on urban spoon.  I have to disagree, I found it to be a lovely setting with great food and service.  We would go again.
The Trellis Restaurant on Urbanspoon
Our final night in Williamsburg.....One last meal.  Where to go?  We decided to try Berret's Seafood Restaurant and Taphouse Grill.  Lovely drinks for starters...

This was the highlight of the meal for me...She Crab Soup drizzled with Sherry...Amazing!!!
I just had to see it again.....Yum!!
Erica had Salmon which she said was great....
























I had the crab cakes.  Which were wonderful but my mind kept going back to that amazing She Crab Soup...to die for:-)
Berret's Seafood Restaurant & Taphouse Grill on UrbanspoonAnother wonderful night on the town.  Good food and friendly service.  Makes me hungry just looking at the pictures...

Oh the restaurants of Williamsburg. They are wonderful.  I wish we would have had the time and money to try them all.  Can't wait to go back.
Get out and explore,
Try a new restaurant....I suggest you try one in Colonial Williamsburg!
Enjoy Your World:-)

2 comments:

  1. I'm a local and these are some of my favorite places to eat in Williamsburg. Your pics are great...makes me want to go out to eat right now! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. williamsburgnoise is one establishment local residents from the Williamsburg neighborhood have been quietly discovering and falling in love with.The Williamsburg, Brooklyn restaurant and steakhouse has come to stand out among the other Argentine steakhouse restaurants

    ReplyDelete