Friday, September 16, 2011

"Kitchen Restaurant" Chapel Hill NC (Jan 2010)

Restaurant Review...."Kitchen" in Chapel Hill

This weekend I went with a few friends to the "Kitchen", a restaurant in Chapel Hill.  It is on my wish list on  Urban Spoon so I thought it would be fun to give it a try.  As usual I studied the menu before the adventure and narrowed it down to two menu items.  The Chicken and Mushroom Gougere and the Penne Pasta with Shrimp.  I had to look up "Gougere" because I had no idea what it meant.  I thought maybe it was a cheese?  I found on wikipedia that it is "savory choux pastry with cheese".  Then I had to look up "choux" which just means a light pastry dough.  Sounded good!  So off we went to Kitchen....

The bar area.
They have a nice
beer and wine list.
You can see into the kitchen in the back of the
restaurant.
They had aprons lining
the wall.  I liked the one with
the fish drawing on the left.
Small dining area, comfortable
and inviting.
I liked the dish towel like napkins.
Nice touch, like being in a kitchen,
a very nice kitchen:-)

The Chicken and
Mushroom Gougere.
Yummy:-)

I did not taste the fries but everyone
at the table had positive comments.
I loved the container.
I did not order the mussels.  I don't remember ever having tasted mussels.  I did give these a try though and they were very good.



All in all we had a great time at the Kitchen in Chapel Hill.  I suggest you give it a try:-)
Get out and try a new restaurant.  I recommend Kitchen in Chapel Hill.
Enjoy your world:-)

Kitchen on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment