Saturday, September 17, 2011

"The Eddy" Saxapahaw NC

Restaurant Review...."The Eddy" in Saxapahaw NC

Lately I have heard a lot about The Eddy Pub in Saxapahaw NC.  Just having toured a few farms during the Peidmont Farm Tour last weekend we were in the Saxapahaw area so we decided to give the Pub a try.  We found it in an old restored cotton mill overlooking the Haw River, A neat old brick building that they call the Saxapahaw Rivermill.  In this restored building you will find shops and at the corner top right you will find The Eddy Pub, our destination for the evening.....

We traveled up a long walkway to the interesting door...

The blue glass is from the original window panes of the mill.
The rod door handle is in honor of the restaurant namesake Eddie Williams.
Eddie was a "rodbuster"  Just what is a rodbuster?   Well give me a moment and I will go to Google.....

"rodbuster 

n. a construction worker who installs steel reinforcing rods, known as rebar"
We were starved after tromping through the local farms so we were ready for a good meal.
We looked over the menu...
Had to have drink to help me think about the menu selections.
They let me sample a couple of the wines and beer before I made my decision.
I tasted the hard cider, yum...but I went with the wine.  It was a delicious white,
I don't remember the name.  A bit on the sweet side, but not too sweet,  which I love:-)

Glass bottle light fixtures....
I would like to know the history behind the dinosaur on the bar....

I think this is the "tap"?
View of the Haw River from the patio....



Lemon Thyme Peppered Chicken Breast with sweet potato mashers and green beans.
The Chicken was served over a bed of mashed sweet potatoes.  It was delicious.  Only one thing I would change,  that could easily be corrected,  was the fact that my potatoes were cold.   Still it was very good and I cleaned my plate.   I would order it again. Also I did not have to add salt which for me is always a sign of well prepared and seasoned food:-)
Yum, makes me want to go back today:-)
Joe ordered the Pulled Pork BBQ
I had a taste of the pork and loved the BBQ flavor.  I did not taste the coleslaw or the fries but Joe loved it and he too cleaned his plate. 

We had to try a dessert.  We decided to go with the Chocolate Cake.  Moist and delicious! 
We both loved our visit to the Eddy Pub.  Very nice casual & comfortable setting. The food was great and the people were very helpful and friendly.  Joe and I want to go back to the pub sometime soon.  While we are there we would love to explore a bit more of Saxapahaw, looks like a neat little town.
Get out and try a new restaurant.  I suggest you give The Eddy Pub a try!
Enjoy your world everyone:-)

The Eddy on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment